Monday, September 8, 2014

My Comments to others on Project 1 - PLAY

Tom Nail's "Trophy Installation" ~ I find that the honorable imagery and cleanliness of the trophies was a delightful sight, but there wasn't too much more home to write about. Regardless, I found that the information and evidence given by your process was more intriguing than the actual work itself, as it represents a symbolism of effort, hard work, and both extrinsic and intrinsic success. It's like I was seeing an animation of the process in my head as I gazed through the collection of trophies.

Randall Bezant ~ I only played with it briefly, but both by the fact that the inviting interaction of the piece itself and the humorous faces was amusement enough, highlighting that your work suits best in the niche of entertainment value. There was not much else for me to think about, but I can tell that it was meant for the literal interpretation of the verb form of "Play," as in a way of saying "play with me!" What more could you ask for?

Christine Bauleiu: I found the Barbie images, especially the ones turned around facing away from the viewer, to be mystifying and intriguingly strange. It was a rather inverted way of play, provoking "Don't play with me! Play with someone else!" There are many ways to be interpreted, and it's like as if I thought of this as "A child's play that's not child's play." To me, I thought it turned out to be better than what you intended for it to be, but it does need visual refinement and editing.


Jeff Cook: The outdoor theme of Earth was really refreshing and enticing, however, I thought of it in a more chemical and scientific side of the project that you explained to us about. It reminded me of the principle that everything is rearranged upon equivalent exchange, with no matters of the universe being truly added nor subtracted. That being said, it's not a completely original nor delightfully diverse idea, but it's a worthy difference of its own that can be further done upon if you put more objects of different colors and more materials to a larger tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment