Monday, October 13, 2014

Combined-Info. Post: Nick Caves, Simpson, Koons, & Costume Idea & "Expressing..." Reading

Expressing an Artistic Attitude:

Lorna Simpson:

After much reading, there's one person that I lightly looked into: Lorna Simpson. It was strange on what she makes efforts to convey in her passage(s). It's nice to know that she utilizes as an advocate for African-American society, but a lot of her works are more opposite than what US citizens normally see. She took modern photos of them doing criminal activity and jail results instead of the historical slavery types of aesthetics that most people into that field would otherwise produce. It was said in the passage that "it investigates the thoughtful process of investigation," almost as if the entity of "slavery" isn't entirely over for African Americans, but rather, taken to a modern version form of it in today's developed world. It's an important message to realize, and I'm glad that Lora managed to provide a vital beacon to my eyes. Her art audience mode is low-interactive; open but passive/indirect.

Nick Caves:
When reading, I went to the assigned artist that I chose upon and Nick Caves was one of them that I decided to read about. His artworks are not like anyone else's, so it easily is the most distinguishable. His works inspire mt to utilize unique and creative ideas that I could consider adding to the project if so need be. The skills of his designing and intriguing wearable items are worth a shot of gazing and appreciating. For that matter, I hope to know how to do something like that since it's technically part of visual arts, and I'd at least like to know how to do every single type of art in the visual universe, even if mastering them to the best of any human's abilities is not guaranteed.

Jeff Koons:
Human history-themed, contains emotions, coloring is involved and his works intentionally take a long time to capture well and accurately into his works. His prices are just photographs and they are $300-400+; high value and quality of sheer editing; it's weird, but interesting at the same time. He only produced a certain amount at a time with those to both sell and represent/exhibit. It's a long process that he manages. He's more like a corporation of an artist of that type and sort. He encourages high interaction (direct) on his art and his use of colors is basically "color psychology," connected & edited in the computer.

****Costume Idea:
As a result of contemplation and improvising, my possible concepts to be worn upon would be:


An all-out US Woodland US ARMY camouflaged star-soldier w/camo cap or camo cowboy hat, star wars camo-skin trooper t-shirt (black background), and a lightable SFX toy light saber sword of some kind that I can find in a store or quickly off the Internet on reliable specific research.

A sound-friendly, durable/well-made dragon costume of some sort (how am I going to get something like that so quickly?)

A pure-white dressed saint/middle-eastern-like person on holy-like attires, using many white shirts/items.

○ Something else, perhaps a Rocket Raccoon space attire suit, etc . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment