When I went to the MINT Museum, it was a rushed start, but I managed to knew exactly what I needed to do: Take footages, photos, and capture as much note-like evidence with everything to the arts that I have observed and understood the surface aura upon, all with the use of my personal 2012 CANON PowerShot CLPH 110HS (HD) pocket-fittable camera. The building was intriguing due to its old and 20th-century structure, and most of the paintings and intricate collection of jars, vases, masks, plates, etc. grouped together and/or standalone in a sophisticated manner were image-worthy for my eyes and mind. The arts and the architecture had a sense of reason, class, and careful decoration including the ever-dazzling store; both a place of commodity/function and art/fashion. The design of going to places was a bit strange; almost dungeon-like esp. thanks to the mapping and lighting, but it did not really bother me as long as I knew what I was doing, and it reminded me in retrospect of video games that I used to play when I was much younger that involved a lot of smart adventuring and complex dungeon-crawling anyway. That all said, here are the images:
African Arts (& among much more to see):
An Image of the African arts section:
An Image of the European arts section:
A section of the MINT museum that I have decided to choose as part of the assignment's tasks; I do enjoy European art the most (both Northern and a bit of South Euro, but I'm still into West and North euro, particularly for the Anglo-Saxon and Scandinavian-Nederland regions). The texture is high, but there are no characters nor humans in the picture, which is different from most Northern European oriented art as they often have characters, but aren't emphasized for their anatomy nor the perspective of the image. In fact, they are emphasized of texture and detail, which is what this artwork has; it's beautiful, haunting, peaceful, and sentimentally calming all at the same time.
An Image of the Fashion Section:
Although it's more like a collection, a lot of these looks as if they would be wearable had they not been put up in the museum for art. They too could also be used as a minor commodity for fun, but I will say that these collections of items are indeed vibrant, charming, and enticing all at the same time. It's not a particularly bad look nor is it a terrible set up, but it's a bit random to have other stuff in it that isn't all about fashion unless it's information about the fashion related artwork set itself.
Information of the Aztec / Mexican & Central American arts:
I didn't have a proper innate camera image of the image I had in mind so I'm going to provide a drawn image representing the mask from the museum rather than a photo, but the WOLF MASK in particular struck my eyes in captivation and hesitation from having to move so much; can't believe I even forgot to take an actual image of it. Either way, it's a unique way of how other masks are made and the choice of creature isn't too bad either; I found that the design was more customized as a fun art piece than something that is supposed to serve the purpose of hiding one's true identity. Even so, the soulful markings of its natural feel is what gives it its intrigue, and a result, it has my respect. It's definitely a standout from the masks, including the human types..
No comments:
Post a Comment